Monday, August 11, 2008

A Peaceful Walk at Creamer's Field

My wonderful walk at Creamer's Field one beautiful early evening. This once working dairy farm is now a nature reserve for the migratory ducks and geese and cranes. The Sandhill Cranes are in....and although I do not want winter to come to fast...I love Creamer's Field in all seasons. The fall being my favorite.

Enjoy the pictures............

I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees. The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and saffron sunsets. It has given me blessed release from care and worry and the troubled thinking of our modern day. It has been a return to the primitive and the peaceful. Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and benumbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy.

~Hamlin Garland, McClure's, February 1899~
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


As the sound of rain drops echoes in my room.....my bed is calling my name.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

No comments: