Thursday, April 23, 2009

Time for a change...

If there comes a little thaw, Still the air is chill and raw, Here and there a patch of snow, Dirtier than the ground below, Dribbles down a marshy flood; Ankle-deep you stick in mud In the meadows while you sing, "This is Spring."

~Christopher Pearce Cranch~





Aahh I think spring finally came to Fairbanks, AK. When I see mud puddles every where and finally the dead grass in my front lawn(since the snow is melting), and hear the Canadian Geese on its way to Creamer's field.

I just can't wait until the greenhouses are full of colorful flowers so I can finally plant my potted garden again for the summer. After a winters worth of nothing but grey skies and white snow I am so ready for green grass and colorful wildflowers and gardens.

As the season has changed so has some things with my jewelry. First of all the packaging. When I first started I figured matching my work with decorative papers would attract more attention at the bazaars or in store. And it did do its purpose but now as I am working more with incorporating glass with metal and also having precious metal clay that idea is not really working anymore. Plus, it was such a pain to do. So I turned to a more simpler way of carding my work. Here is how my jewelry was carded for 2 years.




Bo found a font he liked and we bought creme linen business card paper and went off with that idea. It looks more polished and professional. And as we progress and find a logo we can create off our name then we may change it again. Here is an idea of what it would look like. Picture was taken before bringing my work back into The Stash.


Against neutral paper the colors in my fused pendants and even in Bo's lampwork earrings and pendants pop out. Which is the effect we wanted.

We brought new things into the Stash and went ahead and took some pictures to show you all how neat this store really is. We have some very talented artists and if you are in town you should go check them out.

My little corner of the store...










A few pictures around the store.





















I hope you enjoyed my little virtual tour around The Stash. SMILE!

I am getting so antsy to get my hands dirty and plant some flowers. I usually go to the greenhouses and take pictures of the flowers and just take in the burst of colors before actually picking out what I want. A couple local greenhouses here that I love are Plant Kingdom off Farmer's Loop Road and Risse's Greenhouse up on Risse Road off Chena Hot Springs Road. I really can't wait!

Some pictures taken last year...









Some wildflowers I can't wait to see around the roadsides...




Maybe if we are quiet and stealthy we can see Mr. Fox multiple times again this summer. SMILE!



Have a great Spring season full of growth and renewal.


To-day the glint of green is there;
Tomorrow will be leaflets spare;
I know no thing so wondrous fair,
No miracle so strangely rare.
I wonder what will next be there!
~L.H. Bailey~

1 comment:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

U know I love all your photos but the one that stick out are of nature and wild life!.. somehow u seem to compose a great photo w/great contrast which brings the eye to the animal.