Friday, October 8, 2010

Future Rock Garden



Days seem to be flying by when I want them to slow down. We have finally painted the whole kitchen and living room and I love the color. It is such a cheery color and will help during the dreary days.

I then started work on my front garden. The boys have been on fall break so I put them to work the other day raking out all the mulch and helping me pull out all the plants. The mulch ended up making the area look unkept and attracted every critter in the world. I am all about simplicity and maintenance free so we are changing it out to a rock garden. It will be work but worth it in the end.

Between the heat this summer and the bugs my poor garden is holding on.


The boys hard at work getting all the ugly mulch out.


We are hoping to turn that area into a rock garden with ornamental grasses and the front of the porch to something similar to this picture.



The garden area is right outside my art room window. It would be nice to be able to look out there to a simple and serene garden. So we are getting the ground prepped to get the edging in and the weed and grass barrier down and the ornamental grasses in so that all we have to do is get the river rock delivered to us. :)

Snippets of our visits to garden places.

















4 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

I'm kinda doing the same thing in the last third of my yard.. Found a female buddha at Home Goods... see if u have a local one.. Also adding Gazing Globes...this site was great
http://www.mainstreetseedandsupply.com/aboutus.htm

I called my order in and they were helpful... Found out the gazing globes symbolized good luck and kept bad energy away...

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

Wow! How cool! Can't wait to see pictures when it is finished! :)

Abigail's Creative Journey said...

Chrissy thank you for the information. Yes my garden will be a work in progress and I hope to put things in it that means well to me and the family. :)

Abigail's Creative Journey said...

Cassandra thank you. I can't wait until all the work is done either. LOL! It will be so worth it though. :)