Sunday, October 3, 2010

New art room and finally painted walls! :)


(This must be the life...:) Totally opposite of what our days are like for the humans in our household. LOL!)


Since the art show weekend we have been steady on getting our to do list for the house done in between cross country practices and Bo's work. He wanted to finish the painting he started so that we can move on to finishing the other half of the basement and landscaping before he leaves.

He used to be a painter with his Dad before heading into the Army and during our break in service. So he is very particular about the paint and how to paint right. He is meticulous, so I don't touch the paint brush. I leave it up to him to be able to work so that in the end it is rewarding for him.

You probably remember the post I did on how we repainted the master bathroom after our trip to Florida.http://abigailscreativejourney.blogspot.com/2010/08/getting-ready-for-show.html Well he liked the Benjamin Moore Aura paint so much he wanted to paint the rest of the house with it. We did paint the house when we first moved in but he wasn't satisfied with it and now with the house settling we are seeing all the screws and nail spots that he has to fix.

So we are on this painting marathon. LOL! He started with the office room in our house used for my arts. The paint on the walls were a faded pink. I wanted a chic room but we realized fast that when it is cloudy and dreary out the pink actually made the room unwelcoming. :( So I wanted a brighter color that despite what the weather is like outside I can feel energized in my room to create.

My before art room:





The new paint: Benjamin Moore Pear Green



My new art room. :)I LOVE how bright the color is!!















After my art room he progressed to the boys rooms and finally put some colors on their walls. :)

Nick picked a burnt orange color called Burnt Caramel. He is a Texas Longhorn fan and wanted his room that color. Now all we have to do is put his posters up and window coverings.








Jared picked a slate blue color called Atmospheric







Rolling right alone he then started on one of our hallways. We had picked a golden type color for our living room and kitchen area against our red accent walls but despite how warm it makes the room feel he wanted something a little brighter so we ended up with a color called Squish Squash and it did brighten our hallway up! This color will end up in the living room and kitchen area.

This is the walls we have right now and you can see the swatch of Squish Squash up against the door.




This is the color going up. The newly painted hallways with the new color Squish Squash.







Today as I blog, my living room is in chaos. Bo is painting the living room and kitchen area. So I cannot wait until we are finally done with the painting upstairs and can finally start on finishing up the room in the basement. We can then concentrate in re-seeding our lawn and changing our landscape. I was going to change the front garden into a rock/zen garden. I think it would be a much easier upkeep plus the rocks will not attract bugs like the mulch did and it will be a peaceful sight from my art room window. :)

I hope your weekend is going great. Now I need to go outside int he nice 50 degree weather-yes it has finally cooled down here- and pot my new Mums that I bought from Three Springs Farm. :)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

All of the paint looks great...I love that light in the art room!