Monday, November 8, 2010

Days flying..new projects and new website....



Sorry I have not been around. These weeks have been not only crazy busy but crazy emotionally. My husband leaves us for deployment with a different unit not even from this Army Post. I know I will have to be strong and get into a routine with the boys school stuff and sports but still my stomach has been in knots and I just try to take in every moment with him because the days are just going by too fast.

On other things happening...
Nick is now at wrestling practices with Jared. He did very well at Regionals this last weekend but the boys took 5th and they only took the top 4 to state and the fastest two runners of the team. I am very proud of him. He knocked off time on his runs every race and has been very dedicated to the team. It also helps that we have 2 very dedicated, organized and supportive coaches and an awesome group of parents that would host pasta nights for team bonding. Not only would the team bond but also the parents. I know most of them will be my support while Bo is gone and I am very honored and grateful to have met such caring friends.

Jared has been busy with wrestling and all his school work. I am also proud of how he has been and how I know he will be a help when I need him. I just want his season to be a good one.

As for me I have been working on an online mixed media journal class and is part of a sketchbook project.



My online class consists of 31 jump starts for journaling. The class is taught by Traci Bautista who is known for all her colorful journals and now a new line of collage papers and materials. If you want to learn more about her, her work and classes here is the link to her website. http://treicdesigns.com/create.html


I am enjoying all the different techniques and also the inspirations. I know this will help me through my dreary days while Bo is gone, but it will also add more techniques to my artwork.
Here a some of my work:








I have also been using some of the techniques in my own sketchbook/journal. Its nice to open it up and be inspired to work on my artwork by the ideas in my journals.


The sketchbook project:



"It's like a concert tour but with sketchbooks.

Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the country.

After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view.

Anyone - from anywhere in the world - can be a part of the project. To participate and have us send you a sketchbook that will go on tour, start by choosing a theme to the right."



Anyone can do the sketchbook project but it has to be turned in by Jan. 15, 2011 for it to go on tour.
Here is the link for more information and participation.
http://arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject

Besides all that we have been finishing up our unfinished part of the basement. It has our weight set and treadmill in it. We have painted the walls with an accent color on one wall and a lighter hue in the others. Then Bo laid down really good and durable mahogany laminate flooring down and is finishing it up with baseboard. We also added lighting and will finish the room up with a large mirror. I am hoping to be able to go down there and practice Yoga and Tai Chi and have that room for the boys to be able to work out at home. All the things on Bo's to do list will actually be accomplished before he leaves us. I know he wanted to get it done for us and so that he didn't leave with unfinished projects.

I have also been busy with a new website for my jewelry. Here is the link if you want to check it out. :)
http://www.abbyandbodesigns.com/

I am still in the process of adding more pieces.



I hope all is well with everyone...until the next entry.......

No comments: