Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bazaar



I have been sick lately. :( Yeah the whole flu symptoms type of stuff. It finally got to a point today where I seriously could not function and just laid in bed thinking where is the sun and please make all this dreary wet and cold weather go away! But you know how it is, a Mother can never just lay around. So up I went running errands and picking up the boys. We made grilled cheese sandwiches and had chicken soup and mac and cheese from Panera Bread. I just wanted something simple but warm.

With all the gray and neutral colored days lately it was nice to receive an email from my husband full of color. He checked out a local bazaar held on the base every Sunday. He said it was raining that day too but the colors on the textiles popped. :) For now he just took pictures to give me an idea of what is around. Of course they have some booths where its the knock off items but he passes those booths up and looks for the real handcrafted items or the neat things.

Bags-I love all the colors!





Rugs









Dresses







Jewelry





Other crafts







My day was brightened up not only from an email from him but also with the colorful pictures he gifted me with. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

So, do u think he may bring home one of those outfits for you??? (just kidding) Glad his email and photos brightened your day!.

Abi said...

I am so sorry you are feeling poorly - hope it goes away soon!

Beautiful images - I love the fabric... thanks for sharing. When will your man be home?
X

Abigail's Creative Journey said...

Chris actually I told him to keep an eye out on the dresses. :) I want one. :) I going back into belly dancing and found an instructor here finally. :) I danced in Alaska for almost a year and performed twice but didn't get to wear those pretty dresses like that due to the nature of our dance. I love the jewelry though. :)

Abi thank you and yes I love the fabric too. I am not sure when he is coming home. He doesn't have a date since he rotates so we will not know until his replacement comes around. If there is no replacement he is there for a year. :(